An individual can use DSCs, or Digital Signature Certificates, to verify their identity online. In order to file GST returns, you must have a DSC. Furthermore, the DSC form should be e-signed by both domestic and foreign companies. The DSC allows one to access all a person’s data easily. In India and around the world, digital signature certificate online are used. DSC must also be registered on the new Income Tax portal. We’d like to know what is accepted and what isn’t before learning about the same.
Which types of DSCs are accepted and which are not?
DSCs come in different types or classes. You must apply for the same based on your needs. A class 1 certificate is issued to those individuals in order to verify their name and email address. For individuals who have to sign documents to file ROC returns, class 2 certificates are mandatory.
In addition, Class 3 Certificates are used for online bidding and online tendering throughout India. You should validate your DSC with the portal, however. Ensure that no more than one user is logged in. Remember to re-register if you’re an old user and update your account.
Online Income Tax Portal Prerequisites
Although registering for DSC online is pretty straightforward, there are a few things you need to know before registering on the income tax portal. The following are some of them:
- Make sure that emSigner is installed in your windows beforehand. You can avoid last-minute rushes by installing the app
- Before registering, make sure you read the terms and conditions
- Be prepared with your credentials, such as your PAN number and User ID, so you don’t make a mistake at the last minute
- Make sure your computer’s USB port has the right port for the DSC Token
- In addition, the DSC Token should remain active until its expiration date
- Make sure the token is a class 3 or 2 certificate
DSC Online Registration: Prerequisites
Now that we have seen the essential requirements before registering for DSC. Here are the things we need to do during registration. The following are among them:
- Ensure that you have provided the correct PAN number when registering for DSC
- Verify and upload the documents faster by going through the windows extraction file
- Don’t make any mistakes by not having your certificate file ready in advance
- Avoid fake apps by looking for the original
- To ensure privacy, stay alert when providing your security details
After the process is completed, the following prerequisites must be met
After you have registered for the DSC under the new sources of income tax, you can verify the application. You can also select “change” on the right side of the screen if you need to make changes. Once the application is opened, you can make the changes itr 4 sugam
The New Income Tax Portal: How to Register
During the registration process on the new Income Tax portal, you will need to follow a number of steps. Here are the same details:
- To begin, go to https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/login. When you click the login button, you will be asked for your username and password. To avoid the online rush, enter the right username and password on your first attempt.
- You will see your dashboard in a tab once you log in. In this step, you must select your profile and ensure that all the information provided is accurate. You should complete 90% of your profile and be active in it.
- The “Register DSC” option is right after the “My bank account” option. Choose an option. Prevent last-minute rushes by downloading the emSigner utility from the official website of the Government of India.
- A new tab opens when you click on the option, asking you to enter the email ID associated with the DSC token. Ensure that your email address is valid. The em Signer utility is available for download and installation below the email id box. Make sure the box with a tick mark is selected. The emSigner will be declared to have already been downloaded.
- Click on the “continue” button. A dialogue box will appear where you must enter your token, certificate, and password. It is important to enter the correct token, certificate, and password. The registration can be completed in one attempt. Select “generate” and click it.
- After successful registration, a message box will appear saying, “Your DSC has been generated.”. This concludes the registration process. You should keep in mind the transaction ID displayed on the screen, the ITR 1
In this guide, we will show you how to register your DSC on the new income tax portal. Follow the registration steps strictly to generate your DSC.
To register the DSC on the new income tax portal, you must verify your identity and prove that you are the sole operator of the DSC. You must first visit the official income tax portal and log in with the respective username and password to register the DSC. Additionally, you can generate your digital signature certificate by clicking on the register DSC option. For online purposes, this will serve as proof of your identity.
The emSigner app must first be installed before registering. Before, during, and after your DSC registration, ensure you follow the prerequisites.